Textbook: Notes and hand-outs and online reference materials provided by instructors
Course Learning Objectives
- Understanding of sample collection, sample processing, analytical methods, and instrumentation commonly used in marine science.
- Understanding of techniques relevant to biological, chemical, physical, geological oceanographers and environmental scientist.
- Demonstrate an ability to write field report as well as lab report.
- Introduction to Water and Environment
- Chemical Properties of water: Colorimetry
- pH, Dissolved Oxygen, Water Hardness
- Field Sampling: Water for Nutrients Analysis
- Light and Dark Bottle Experiment
- Sediment and geomorphology
- Satellite Imagery and Navigation